- 1 – 12 oz can light tuna in water
- 1 ¼ cups bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 6 whole wheat buns
Drain tuna, put into a medium bowl and flake with a fork. Add the bread crumbs, cheese, egg, yogurt and bell pepper. Combine thoroughly.
Form 6 patties. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium, brush lightly with a bit of canola oil. Cook patties 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce and tomato. 6 servings.
Equipment: nonstick skillet or grill
Adapted from Cooking with Extension, U of A Cooperative Extension, Little Rock, AR