- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, 2-3 lemons
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed & drained
- ½ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- ¼ t cumin
- Olive or canola oil as needed
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping the sides occasionally. If hummus is too stiff add olive oil, 1 t at a time, and process.
Serve with warm pita triangles that have been brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with oregano.
Equipment: food processor
Submitted by Barry Goldberg, Little Rock, AR