This is intended as a “busy morning” breakfast that is quick and easy to make and eat.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts, optional
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or pumpkin seeds, optional
Wash the sweet potato, pierce several times with the tip of a knife and wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave until soft. 2-5 minutes depending on the size of the potato and your microwave.
Cut in half lengthwise and allow to cool slightly, until cool enough to handle. Using a fork, gently mash the potato. Sprinkle over the chopped apple, then the pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle with yogurt and add the nuts or seeds if using. Serve while still warm.
Serves 2-3 depending on the size of the potato.
Skills: seasoning, tasting and presentation