- 1 crisp apple, like a Gala or a Fuji
- 4-6 leaves of romaine or red leaf lettuce, washed and torn
- A few snips of cilantro to garnish, optional
- 1 T lightly toasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 T olive or canola oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lime
- 1 t finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 t honey
- Core and chop the apple into bite sized pieces.
- Combine with the lettuce in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, taste for balance and adjust if necessary.
- Pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle over the cilantro and sunflower seeds. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Chill briefly before serving.
- Serves 2.
Skills: making a salad dressing, tasting, chopping, whisking
Equipment: salad bowl, whisk